Travelers looking for a summer destination would do well to consider a stay in Port St Joe, Florida, Bed and Breakfasts.
Opportunities for outdoor recreation are abundant in and around Port St. Joe:
- St. Joseph Peninsula State Park: one of the best beaches in the country, featuring more than 10 miles of white sandy beaches.
- St. Vincent National Wildlife Refuge: home to a small population of red wolves, sea turtles (loggerhead, green, and leatherback), American alligators, wood storks, and many more amazing birds, reptiles, and mammals. Visitors may explore the refuge on foot, by bike, or from a boat.
- Horseback riding on the beach: try it early in the morning or as the sun sets
- Boating: kayak around St. Joseph Bay or rent a motor boat and head to deeper water in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Fishing: popular no matter what’s biting. Ask the innkeepers of your Port St. Joe Bed and Breakfasts Florida for guide recommendations.
- Snorkeling and diving: the warm waters of the gulf encourage deeper exploration. Satisfy the urge.
- Scallop season is on the horizon, and with it comes the 15th Annual Florida Scallop and Music Festival. August 5 – 7, 2011.
Summer is a great time to visit the Gulf Coast of NW Florida. There are few crowds and plenty of fun ways to stay cool. Of course, summer in Florida can also bring impressive rain storms. At such times, retreat to the porch of your Port St. Joe Florida Bed and Breakfast. Watch the storm roll in and sigh with pleasure as the air cools. Storms invite romance, or game-time with the kids, or the ideal occasion to curl up on the porch with a drink and a good book. Now that’s a vacation.